5 Tips Small Business Saturday
Nestled between Black Friday and Cyber Monday is Small Business Saturday, a day that gives the owners of our favorite mom and pop shops their chance to shine. According to PwC, brick and mortar shoppers are planning to spend an overage of $467 in-store, and shoppers now care as much about the shopping experience as the gifts they get. This puts small business owners at an extreme advantage.
With all the preparation your merchants will be doing for the largest shopping event of the year, it’s vital to make sure they have everything they need to operate as smooth and efficient as possible. We’ve crafted the perfect list of things you can share with your merchants to help them prepare for the crazy holiday shopping rush that is Small Business Saturday.
1. Inspire Customer Loyalty
- Offer loyal buyers something exclusive
- Be more active in the community – give back to a local charity
2. Showcase merchandise that would make a great gift
- Customers will be shopping for presents for themselves as well as their friends and family
- Putting a small sign on a table saying “Excellent gift for dad”, or “A great gift for grandparents”
- Restaurants can also promote Small Business Saturday deals and offer gift cards
3. Make sure your merchant(s) have all of their printing materials ready for marketing purposes
- FedEx offers a 20% discount on printing for Small Business Saturday-related promotional materials through Nov. 26
4. Utilize Bluume’s BrandIQ for social media content and online engagement
- Craft social media content for Small Business Saturday
- Schedule it ahead of time at once so you can spend more time focusing on in-person marketing necessities
- Manage online listings and reviews before the massive holiday rush
5. Introduce Bluume POS
- Bluume POS has the latest software and hardware, small businesses need to thrive, including increasing sales and saving time and money
- Inventory flexibility, staff management, and real-time tracking
- Latest in payment technology for safe and secure transactions
Small Business Saturday is your merchants time to shine! Make sure you prepare them with the above tips and tricks so they can quickly navigate through all the hustle and bustle of the holidays, and even perform better than they ever thought possible.