5 Ways Local Businesses Can Take Advantage of the Pokemon Go Craziness
Pokemon Go for Local Businesses
We’ve been working with several of our clients to take advantage of this Pokemon Go game craziness. We’ve seen some impressive results quickly and there are businesses across the country that are reporting 75-150% increases in revenue in just 4 short days. Any business can do the same with a little strategy, urgency and focus.
Bluume is here to help. <<Click here to schedule a demo>>
A little background:
The “augmented reality game app” called Pokemon Go has gone viral and there’s a way for local businesses to take advantage of this time. If you haven’t seen people walking around in public with their phone in the air doing crazier things than normal, then you will soon. What businesses need to know is that there are a lot of people out there chasing down different places that have special items to capture within the game. Luckily, businesses can pay to have their place of business be one of these places, and “LURE” people into their local business.
What can your local business do to capture business from this viral game craze?
- Within the game there are PokéStops and Gyms where people get items and train their avatar to reach higher levels within the game. The first thing to do is find out if your business is one of these PokéStops or Gyms. The easiest way is to download the game and find out.
- If your business isn’t one of these places, it’s likely that there is one nearby. Announce to your staff and on your social media pages where these spots are nearby your business, and make an offer to people who stop by your business on the way.
- Sign up for the game and purchase a “LURE” at your location to bring players into your business. There are different price levels for Lure’s, and availability may be limited, but give it a try. The last time we checked it was only $10 per day.
- One way to get people to come in and to stay there is to offer free charging of player’s cell phones.
- Figure out a way to get people to spend money while they’re in your business. You can offer a picture contest of people that come in because of the game, and make it a requirement that they take a picture with your food, product or staff.
It may be better if your business is NOT one of these key PokéStops or Gyms because then people may flood into your business and it might disrupt your existing business. However, there’s always a creative way to take advantage of anything that brings large groups of people together towards a common goal. This isn’t going to be the last or the only game like this, so you better be prepared.
Like anything, if you’re going to do something around Pokémon Go, you should define your outcome from participating. Maybe you’re a restaurant and it’s a great way to get new customers. If not, maybe you just want to increase your social media reach and connect with more people. Either is fine, but make sure your team is aware of what you’re doing and have a clear goal in mind for your strategy.
If you have time to do it yourself and want to try to figure out how to take advantage of this time on your own then here’s a great article from Inc on how to do so.
However, we can help as we’re doing with all of our clients.
At Bluume, we’re always looking for ways to create value for our clients and this is something we can help with right away. We’re calling all our existing clients and figuring out different ways they might be able to take advantage of this time, but it’s not too late for us to create a strategy for you as well. Click below to schedule a demo of our services and we’ll discuss ways you might be able to take advantage of this time too!